USSSA OFFICIALS REGISTRATION AUTOMATICALLY INCLUDES GENERAL LIABILITY AND ACCIDENT MEDICAL INSURANCE FOR OFFICIALS DURING USSSA SANCTIONED ACTIVITIES.
REQUIREMENTS FOR AUTOMATIC OFFICIALS COVERAGE INCLUDE:
- The official must be registers with USSSA.
- Teams participating must be registered with USSSA.
- Tournaments must be USSSA sanctioned.
- $2,000,000 per occurrence, no general aggregate limit
- No Deductible
- $20,000 per occurrence
- $500 Deductible
Accident medical coverage is secondary to any other collectible insurance, primary if no other insurance is in force. Deductibles and co-insurance payments from primary insurance are covered.
YOU CAN BE SUED!
Every year, sports officials are sued due to alleged negligence. Some are paid officials, but many are volunteers. The USSSA officials general liability policy provides the coverage necessary for your sports officiating exposure.
COVERAGE IS PROVIDED FOR:
- Legal defense with no deductible
- Defense of Lawsuit - Even if groundless
- Payment of judgments - Up to $2,000,000
ACCIDENT MEDICAL EXPENSES
Accidental injuries are all too common for today's officials. The USSSA Officials Accident Medical Policy will pay your covered medical bills up to $20,000 policy limit, with $500 deductible.
COVERAGE IS PROVIDED FOR:
- Accidental Injury while officiating.
- Dental damage to sound and natural teeth.
- Medical services for 52 weeks from date of injury.
- Deductibles or co-payments unpaid by primary insurance.
SOME OF THE POLICY EXCLUSIONS ARE:
- Injuries received while under the influence of any controlled substance, unless administered on the advice of a physician;
- Injuries received as a result of being intoxicated;
- Injuries sustained while traveling other than as specially stated in the policy;
- The cost of eyeglasses, contact lenses or examination for either;
- The cost of dental treatment, except as specifically provided for injuries to sound, natural teeth.
This is a brief description of the coverage. Full disclosure of the definitions, exclusions and limitations for this coverage can be found in the master policy issued to the USSSA. If any discrepancy exists between this description and the policy, the policy will prevail.
NON-USSSA OFFICIATING COVERAGE NOW AVAILABLE!
Once you have become a registered USSSA official, you may purchase insurance to cover organized/schedules officiating for NON-USSSA activities.
Coverage is available for any sport sanctioned by USSSA.
The coverage limits are the same as those provided for USSSA events.
For more information regarding the USSSA Officials Insurance Coverage, contact:
Jenkins Insurance Agency
For information regarding USSSA Officials registration, contact your USSSA State Director or State Umpire-In-Chief. The USSSA Directors List can be found on the Internet at www.USSSA.com or call USSSA National Headquarters at 1-800-741-3014.